Meet printed meat (by Concept385)
Sep 3, 2012
Ready for the latest oddity to come out of the 3D printing craze?
It makes you hungry, or it weirds you out: 3D printed meat. A startup wants to create 3D printed meat to fill the human craving for animal protein without continuing to take an environmental toll on the planet.
They want to use the same technologies developed to create medical-grade tissues to bring food to the world's menu's and dinner tables (or barbecues). May sound a bit weird, but the production of meat is one of the most terrifying to mother nature because all of the trash that's produced by the production of meat.
Don’t get excited too fast; it will be a while before you can enjoy a 3D-printed steak on your dinner table. Modern Meadow wrote in its submission to the Department of Agriculture's small business grant program that its short-term goal is to create a slab of meat that's one inch long.
- May 29, 2013 Trends: Denham Amsterdam #2 (by Concept385)
- May 21, 2013 Trends: Levi's limited 501
- May 14, 2013 Next Level Hipsters (by Concept385)
- Apr 17, 2013 Trends: The New Dating (by Concept385)
- Apr 8, 2013 Trends: Supermarket (by Concept385)
- Apr 5, 2013 Filling Pieces Release party SS13 (by Jana Morrel-Armstrong)
- Mar 20, 2013 We are unbound and free
- Mar 18, 2013 Trends: The Cakelounge (by Concept385)
- Mar 7, 2013 Trends: Watch This
- Mar 5, 2013 Trends: The Busstop (by Concept385)